Friday, March 20, 2009

The challenge now begins!

HELLLLLLLLO

Welcome to our blog once again, back for more huh? I will introduce myself before I start blogging about our challenge. My name is Natasha and I am currently a 2nd year student at ECU, majoring in journalism and PR. Studying journalism and PR but competing in a marketing challenge? Hmmm. Well I wanted to compete in this challenge because first of all it is a challenge, I really did not want to do the other assignments (boring) and I knew I would learn so much from this and gain some great experience (helllo resume). I also forgot to mention that I am the team leader for our group which, is very intimidating since I'm not the leading type but again it's another challenge for me and I know I will learn a lot from it. Wow, I am saying challenge a lot! Anyways after meeting our client on Wednesday our group met for our weekly meeting at uni Thursday afternoon. While working on our client profile, we realised that finding certain keywords for our adword was going to be difficult because our client now caters to men not just women. With everyone's ideas and thoughts about our client I will now be putting the client overview together for the pre-campagin strategy.
Below is just a few key points that we will be using in our client overview.

Client Profile
*Currently a women's health club which has been open for 3 years
*14 staff members
*Stress relief environment
*Community feel environment
*No longer a women's only club
*A club where they take care of you and want you to achieve your goals

Client's Objectives
*Target Western Suburbs
*Increase stakehold
*Increase membership intake
*Promote their new co-ed expansion
*Online purchasing
*Awareness of the clubs community environment

Market Analysis
*White collar customers
*Competitors
- Next Generation, Kings Park
- Fitness First, Subiaco
- Healthy Life, Cottesloe


Current Marketing
*10% advertising online, 90% offline
*Direct mail
*Emails to customers
*Personal selling at shopping centres near the club
*Small signs on the main road situated near the club
*Customer Service is very important, different from the bigger gyms
*Weaknesses are that the website is information filled and lacks involvement


Our meeting was helpful and we came up with a lot of information for our client profile but that doesn't mean it was easy. Two lovely middle aged ladies who were sitting next to us in another QUIET study room apparently thought we were interested in what they were talking about. Talking so loud in a quiet study room should not be tolerated and while our group was talking louder than a whisper, the ladies next to us were far more annoying (I could use another word). So when a library person (really didn't know who he was) came into our room and told US to be quiet, lets just say we weren't that very happy. The fact that this man stood around the rooms and more than likely heard these ladies talk and did nothing was shocking. Old-er (hehe) students are just as loud as us younger students but noooo, we get told off like little children. Mr Library man, you wait till next week!!

And next week we will have finished our pre-campaign strategy for our client and will be anticipating his feedback. So our tasks for this weekend is to individually work on our proposed adwords strategy and send each other our ideas. Calli and I are meeting up on Tuesday to put it all together because Sarah is very busy at the moment. Sarah will be posting a blog hopefully soon, since her laptop unfortunatley crashed.
Enough of me rambling, PHOTO TIME! Thanks for checking out our blog, come back soon for more on our adventure during this CHALLENGE and to see what happens to Mr. Library!



Moi, Calli & Sarah before our marketing class









Myself, Calli & Sarah at Verve For Women, our client.

1 comment:

  1. Hi and good luck with your marketing campaign! I think that choosing a women's health club is a good idea!

    ReplyDelete