Thursday, March 26, 2009

Hi! Hola! Bonjour! Halo!


Here I am! Finally!
After all I've been trough with my computer ( be carefull even Mac crashed sometimes!) I finally decided to use one of the e-lab to post this article on our "fantastic" blog! (you're right Tash, this word has a special effect)

Lets introduce myself first,
My name is Sarah and Im from Reunion island.. Which is actually the best place ever!
You gonna tell me: So, why are you here?
To be honest, I am not really sure..

I've always wanted to travel, so after my graduation I choose Australia over France ( I mean Paris) to continue my studies... Australia seemed to be, at this time, the ideal place; I could learn another language, the weather would not be as good as in reunion, but yeah, still.. and it was only seven hours by plane from my native island!

Thus I've been here for a year and a half and I really enjoy Perth!

Concerning studies.. I spent a year at Central Tafe, doing a diploma of Mass Communication,
what leaded me in second year at ECU. Im actually doing a Bachelor of Communication with a double major in Advertising and Creative Services. Im really enjoying being at Uni, even it is pretty hard for me to study in a language that is not my mother tongue.. Sometimes I dont feel like I can handle everything but, anyway, we will see at the end of the semester.. I'll do my best =)

Ive decided to take part in the Google Marketing Challenge because the simple name"Google" attracted me!
The others assessments seemed also to be boring (and Im not really confident about writing essays in english!)
I think Challenges are always good, you have a lot to learn from ,and it is always a good experience too..!
Moreover, Im a kind of Internet person, I love spending my free time on the web..

About my team.. Well, Calli and Natasha are amazing! They're working hard and I wish I could do as much as them..
But as an international student, I get easily lost =/ especially when its about reading pages and pages.. but again, Im trying to do my best and I adore working with native speakers! At the end of the semester, I'll be more than fluent!! :p

Back to the campaign..
Today, during our usual meeting, we finalized our pre-campaign strategy ( as you can see in the picture, my colleagues are more than focused!) But because of technical problems,we did not send it to our client yet.. that should be done soon..
To sum up,we still need to send our pre-campaign to Verve Active ( one other team has done it already rrrhhhh!) then we have to prepare our oral presentation ( which is only a 5 to 10 minutes speech about our client and some adwords we are going to run with.. that will be in our next week lecture; in hurry to hear about what the others' ideas!) And finally we'll need to write the personal reflection report.. before the actual campaign starts.. Wooah that's actually coming soon!

That is all I've to stay, for now..
Oh no, I almost forgot, I've got a new place, hihi!=)

No comments:

Post a Comment