Friday, April 24, 2009

Day 1: HERE WE GO

Good Evening my bloggers!

At 12 this afternoon I had the nerve racking task of activating all three of our campaigns. The word PAUSE went *poof* and all I saw was the word ACTIVE in green for most of our ad texts. I quickly glanced at our account snapshot but to much sadness, there were NO clicks, impressions or anything that would make me less nervous.

TWO HOURS LATER


After some hard working cardio on the bike and some yoga to relax I logged back in and to my surprise and utter joy this is what I came across.


8 CLICKS and THOUSANDS of Impressions!

I became so excited I quickly messages Sarah and Calli who had already emailed me about it. While it may not be a lot of clicks, knowing that someone has clicked on one of our ad's is very gratifying and a big RELIEF. As a group we have created dozens of ad texts and have thought of at least a hundred keywords, so to see 8 clicks after 2 hours was real nice.

PROBLEMS ALREADY?

Ohhh-k, they are not real big problems but we have already recognised areas where we can definitely improve in. For one, we need to really make our keywords and ad texts specific because we do have a lot of ad's and a wide range of keywords. The campaign for memberships is not doing so well, whereas the campaign for group classes is doing really good. Daily spending so far has been good, and with only 10 minutes 'till the end of today's campaign we still have $2.11 left over from our daily budget. Google also contacted us through email, because a few our URL's were not working. I managed to fix this and we will keep note to type in correct URL's. There are many areas where we can improve and we intend to use this first week of the challenge to experiment with adwords and take notes of the pros and cons of certain keywords and ad texts we use.

WE EVEN HAVE A SCHEDULE

Because we are soo committed to this challenge we created a weekly schedule for the group. The schedule has allocated time slots for each team member regarding their "shift". The "shift" involves looking over our AdWords account while the other team members are working or at uni. I had a long shift today but I know Calli and Sarah had a peek to see how our ads were going.

Hmm, looks like I can't upload any images at the moment??? I was going to show you a screen shot of our schedule and the today's end results. Oh well :(
Slow internet is so painful for me, Prime Minister Rudd..bring on the new digital revolution now!

SLEEP TIME

My shift is officially over and so is today's campaign! This is definitely going to a fun experience and I am already learning so much. Good luck to all the other participating teams, especially everyone from ECU!!

Goodnight, Natasha!

P.S We finished today with:
Clicks
13
Impressions
20,354
CTR
0.06%
Avg. CPC
$0.52
Avg. CPM
$0.33
Total Cost
$6.79

1 comment:

  1. Hi Nat, good news on the results of the first two hours. PL

    ReplyDelete